The new Apple watchOS 9 software has been released and it brings a bunch of new features to the Apple Watch, one of the new features is a new low power mode.
Low Power Mode on Apple Watch is designed to give you longer battery life on your device, there was a similar feature available for iPhone.
Apple has now released details on which features will be disabled when using low power mode on the Apple Watch, the details of which can be seen below.
Low power mode disables these features
– Always on screen
– Heart rate notifications for irregular rhythm, high heart rate and low heart rate
– Background heart rate measurements
– Background blood oxygen measurements
– Start the training memory
Low Power Mode disables these features when your iPhone isn’t nearby
– Wi-Fi and mobile connection
– Incoming calls and notifications
Low power mode affects these features
– Making a call may take longer
– Background app refresh happens less often
– Complications are updated less frequently
– Siri may take longer to process a request
– Some animations and movements may look less smooth
Apple has also said that you can still use Low Power mode when you’re exercising and that it will still record your heart rate. You can find out more details about these new low power mode features in the link below, the new watchOS 9 software update is now available to download.
Source Apple, MacRumors
Filed under: Apple, Gadgets News